The University of Scranton
Admissions at the Scranton Estate
hemmler + camayd architects provided architectural services for the complete interior restoration and renovation of the former Scranton family estate, built in 1872, and listed on the National Registry of Historical Places. The intent was to restore the building to its original beauty, while creating a new home for the Admissions Department.
The architectural and interior design team insisted that all new work be appropriate to the character of the building, concurrently creating efficient, user-friendly office work areas. Interior paint schemes, wall coverings, and floor coverings were carefully coordinated and were selected to reflect colors and patterns of the period of construction.
Functions include reception, formal dining, a faculty and staff dining club, lounges, and meeting rooms on the first floor, with administrative office suites on the upper floors.
Construction Cost: $1,200,000
Completed: March 2009